- Mark, can you tell us about the album?
- How do you use different instruments on this album?
- Tell us why you decided to build your own studios? Has it changed
the way you work?
- As with the equipment, the old and the new, did you start to learn
on a beat up old acoustic guitar or electric?
- Your records have often had elements of folk music, this one more
- Do you ever listen to other guitarists and wonder why they do
- Do you write from real life? From real characters?
- There are many historical time frames on this album. In Heart
full of holes you have a character, down on his luck in post-war
- Can such song writing take a long time?
- You have worked with some of your regular guys on this album and Guy
Fletcher is credited as co-producer with yourself and Chuck Ainlay.
- There is a very gentle quality to this record, an extension of
- When you take this album out live, do you still feel an obligation
to play Dire Straits material?