- Mark, what made you want to work with Emmylou?
- Emmylou, what attracted you to working
with Mark? How do you feel about the blend of voices?
- Let's talk about the process of
recording this album, it's been seven long years in the making.
- How organic and collaborative was the
process? Emmylou, what were you able to bring to Mark's songs?
- Mark, what did Emmylou bring in her
harmony singing to these songs?
- Emmylou, you've worked with a list of
the greatest American country stars. Is there anything distinctive that
Mark as an Englishman brings to this genre.
- Who played on the record and what was
the contribution of the band?
- Because the making of this album has
been going on for so long, you were writing and recording in the wake of
9/11 and this produced one of your key songs 'If this is goodbye'. How
did that impact on the process?
- You talk about ordinary, extraordinary
lives and that in a way is what this album is about. It is particularly
celebrated on 'This is us'.
- Emmylou, Mark says he did not write
specifically for this duets record, did you?
- Emmylou, you're working with one of the
world's greatest guitarists, where there moments when you were urging
him to let loose with a solo?
- Mark, when you were a struggling
musician in the British pun rock scene of the '70's could you have ever
imagined working with Emmylou Harris?
- Now that you have finally finished the
album 'All the roadrunning' are you going to take this on tour?